The Good (the Bad The Ugly) by Jane Edwards
Really. It is high time we acknowledge the tremendous things Donald J. Trump has done as our president. I can think of eight things right off the bat:
1. Spared us from both constant Republican stonewalling and nonstop vitriol from the GOP’s Perpetual Senate Investigative Committee to Impeach Hillary.
2. Dramatically increased public awareness of and interest in the Constitution. Including such concepts as the Emoluments clause, Article 25, and the 25thAmendment.
3. Increased public awareness of mental Illness issues, especially focusing on malignant narcissistic personality, sociopathy, and pathological inability to distinguish between fantasy and reality.
4. Influenced a dramatic upsurge in support of free media, progressive causes, and some excellent Saturday Night Live skits.
5. Created an environment conducive to Congressional bipartisanship for the first time in years. This is evidenced in bipartisan initiatives to harden our election systems against foreign interference, and new Congressional rules to protect against presidential incompetence. Bipartisan group Citizens Responsible for Ethics in Washington (CREW) has filed suit concerning the Emoluments Clause.
6. Saved America citizens from the dangers posed by hibernating bears, allowing hunters to shoot dangerous sleeping bears and their cubs as they sleep.
7. The rich will finally get the tax breaks they so “richly” deserve.
8. Facilitated Russia’s and China’s ascendancy as emerging geopolitical powerhouses.
I could go on…So many things…so little time!