Women’s Business Center Conference: Planting Seeds, Inspiring Growth June 21 – Registration is Open!
- Guidelines for Strengthening your Portfolio by Wendy Outland –This workshop is designed to help artists increase their exposure and gain more confidence in selling their work. They will also learn how to best display their artwork and the most effective way to grow their audience.
- Discovering and Igniting Your Potential in Today’s World by Darlene Strickland – Are you living your life in a way that fully expresses your passion and potential? Discover four questions and key concepts that will guide you into living a life of purpose, passion and fulfilment. “Don’t ask yourself what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive and go and do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.” ~Howard Thurman
- Camino a Sus Sueños – Todo es Posible—Journey to your Dreams/Everything Is Possible by Lori Garcia McCammon – Life is a journey and by doing what we love, our dreams can become a reality. Having passion for what we do will attract others to join you in making a difference. Through perseverance and clearly established goals, it makes it easy to wake up each morning knowing that anything is possible, it just may take a little longer to accomplish. Stay true to yourself – Be GENEROUS, SHARE & INSPIRE! // / La vida es un camino y al hacer lo que amamos, nuestros sueños pueden convertirse en realidad. Tener pasión por lo que hacemos atraerá a otros a unirse a nuestra causa y hacer un impacto. A través de la perseverancia y objetivos claramente establecidos, es fácil despertarse cada mañana sabiendo que todo es posible – aunque puede tomar un poco más de tiempo lograrlo. Mantente fiel a ti misma: Se GENEROSA, COMPARTE e INSPIRA.
- From Acorn to Oak: Sustaining a Solid Financial Future by Katherine Morosani – An acorn can grow into a mighty oak tree that shades, protects and feeds you and your family. Whether it is growing your business, college for yourself or your children, or retirement, learn what you need to do today to attain your desired future.
- Navigating the Lending Landscape (Panel) – Discover the ins and outs of the loan process and how to avoid common mistakes when preparing for a business loan.
- Essential Insurance Coverage for Business Owners by Melody Isis Herman and Jessica Cody – Join us to discover Insurance coverage tailored to your business’s unique needs. We will include insuring your business’s most important asset. YOU!
CONTACT For more information, please contact Rose Vieira at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 828.633.5065.
Tags: asheville women business, women business, women business conference, women online magazine
We are a one-of-a-kind magazine that provides local, regional, national and international information about women’s lives and education, performing and visual arts and writing, the environment, green living and sustainability and regional Western North Carolina business, people and events.
“Villages preserve culture: dress, food and dance are a few examples. As villages grow in population and turn into towns, local cafes make way for large American chains. Handmade leather sandals are discarded for a pair of Western sneakers.
Due to its small size, a village fosters a tight-knit sense of community. Justpeace.org explains the meaning of the African proverb, “It takes a village,” by stating that a sense of community is critical to maintaining a healthy society.
Village members hold a wealth of information regarding their heritage: they know about the ancient traditions, methods of production and the resources of the land. When villages become dispersed or exterminated in times of war, this anthropological knowledge disappears.
Large cities are not as conducive to growing and producing foods such as fruits and vegetables. Villages, on the other hand, usually have ample amounts of land and other resources necessary for growing conditions.” The Importance of Villages by Catherine Capozzi
SheVille.org provides readers with information important to women’s lives and well-being. We focus primarily on the areas of education & health, business & finance, the arts & the environment. We are particularly interested in local & regional resources, organizations & events.