Help us build power within the queer youth community!
Hey y’all! As we move into the cozy winter months and we share food, community, and give gifts to our loved ones, I ask you think about Youth OUTright! We’re out here cultivating confidence, resilience, and compassion in the youth community and support young queer and trans leaders make the change they want for the world!
Some highlights from this year:
-Hosted our first ever Gender and Sexuality club Summit at TC Roberson with over 100 participants!
-We’ve grown to support 30 GSAs in the WNC region, 3 brand new ones in rural counties.
-Trans youth peer educators developed a 30+ page peer facilitator manual to empower their peers to provide consent and safer sex education to young folks who are not getting comprehensive or relevant information otherwise.
-Youth secured funding for our first ever youth staff positions! The Youth Action league will begin battling rape culture in January 2020.
Join our community in our mission to empower LGBTQIA+ youth across WNC! Every little bit helps. Here are some examples of what your impact will be:
- $15 Provides a prom ticket for a youth who cannot afford one
- $30 Provides a meal at our Sunday youth meetings
- $50 Funds one stipend to a new youth facilitator delivering peer-to-peer education work
- $100 Provides snacks and drinks for Sunday youth meetings for one month
- $250 Pays for 1000 printed rack cards with our program information
- $625 Creates one youth’s registration for Creating Change
Big Love to ALL our supporters, in spirit, solidarity, volunteers, and financial backers. We couldn’t do this work with out you!!!