Last updated March 30th, 2021
Policy Regarding Children
Sheville’s Website and Services are not designed for use by children under the age of 16. As such, this Website is not directed at children under the age of 16 nor do we knowingly collect or maintain information from children under the age of 16 on this Website.
Collection and Use of Data
Personal Information and Business Information
The Personal Information you provide will vary based upon the context, and we will not collect your Personal Information unless you make it available. You are not required to provide Personal Information at any time while visiting the Website; however, you may be required to provide Personal Information to use certain Services. You may provide us with Personal Information by participating in online or emailed surveys, subscribing to newsletters, participating in our directory and other recurring offerings through the Website, and in connection with other products, services, features, or requests made available through the Website.
Sheville collects the Business and Personal Information necessary to enable us to respond to your requests for our products and services and to send you information regarding our products and services from time to time. When you visit our Website, you may be asked to submit information such as email address, company name, address, phone number, your product version and/or areas of interest. We may also ask you where you heard about our company or products, or for other information that will help us understand more about your needs or help us process your requests for information. In addition, we may collect credit card and related payment information when you order products, services or support plans online. Our information collection and use practices are described in more detail below.
We offer certain limited online support services. If you access our online support, you may be asked for information such as customer ID, product name, product version and other information to help us determine what the technical issues are and how best to help you resolve them. In addition, certain products allow you to submit support-related questions directly from the product. If you access online support services from a product, information about your network, operating system, printer, data and program path, product type, version, customer ID, the product’s technical support information sheet, product serial number and other similar information will be automatically pre-populated for submission to our customer support representatives to assist them in answering your questions.
Product-Related Information Collection
Sheville collects certain additional information in connection with your use of our Services with online features. For instance:
- Web-based Services: Some of our web-based Services collect certain additional information, including IP address, browser, connection speed, domain, referring URL and other environment-related information. This enables us to provide a secure environment for the use of the services, to pre-populate forms and calculate aggregate statistical information about the customers using these services. We use this information to better protect you and to provide a better user experience.
Sheville may use your Business Information to inform you of special discounts or offers from other companies we have carefully selected and whose products and services may be of interest to you.
To access information (certain content, resources, marketing materials etc.) on the Website, a user may be required to register with Sheville. During registration a user is required to give certain information (such as name, email address, job title). This information is used to contact you about the products/services on our website in which you have expressed interest.
Surveys and Contests
From time-to-time, our Website may request information via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and you may choose whether or not to participate and therefore disclose this information. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and shipping address), and demographic information (such as zip code). Contact information will be used to notify winners and award prizes, if applicable. Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of the Website or for delivery of services.
Sheville may place “cookies” on the browser of your computer. Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies may enhance the convenience and use of the Website. For example, the information provided through cookies may be used to recognize you as a previous user of the Website (so you do not have to enter your personal information every time), offer personalized information for your use, and otherwise facilitate your experience using the Website. You may choose to decline cookies if your browser permits, but doing so may affect your ability to access or use certain features of the Website.
There are four categories of cookies that Sheville utilizes: “Strictly Necessary,” “Performance,” “Functionality,” and “Third-Party”. These cookie categories are detailed below.
- Strictly Necessary Cookies. These cookies are essential for the ability to access and use the features of our Website such as accessing secure areas. These cookies include your login credentials and session ID.
- Performance Cookies. These cookies are used to measure and improve Website performance by collecting information on how visitors use our Website. This information includes your location, how you accessed the Website, how long you spent there, and which actions you took. All information collected by these cookies is aggregated and cannot be used to identify visitors.
- Functionality Cookies. These cookies are used to remember preferences and choices you make while using our Website. These cookies are typically triggered by a user action and are used to provide a better overall experience when visiting our Website but are not necessary for our Website to work.
- Third-Party Cookies. These cookies may be placed on your browser on behalf of our Partners or other third-party service providers. These cookies can be used to display advertisements, and measure the performance of advertising campaigns, and may be linked to site functionality on our Website (via Plugins, for example.) Information collected from these cookies may be shared with other organizations besides Sheville such as advertising networks.
These cookies will remain on your computer for a length of time dependent on whether it is a persistent or session cookie. Persistent cookies remain on your computer until they expire or are deleted manually. Session cookies are deleted automatically when you close or restart your browser.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can disable this function so that your browser will not accept cookies. Please be aware that disabling this function may impact your use and enjoyment of this Website.
We may also allow certain third-party analytics service providers to include cookies and web beacons within the pages of the Website on our behalf and to retain and use the information received from such cookies and web beacons themselves. Third-party service providers that collect this data on our behalf or on behalf of clients may offer information about their data collection practices.
Do Not Track
Currently, various browsers — including Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Apple Safari — offer a “do not track” or “DNT” option that relies on a technology known as a DNT header, which sends a signal to Web sites’ visited by the user about the user’s browser DNT preference setting. We do not currently commit to responding to browsers’ DNT signals with respect to the Company’s Web sites, in part, because no common industry standard for DNT has been adopted by industry groups, technology companies or regulators, including no consistent standard of interpreting user intent. We take privacy and meaningful choice seriously and will make efforts to continue to monitor developments around DNT browser technology and the implementation of a standard.
Protecting Data During Collection
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the Website, your information is protected both online and offline. We use appropriate security measures to protect the security of your data both online and offline. These measures vary based on the sensitivity of the information that we collect, process, store, and the current state of technology. Please note, though, that no website or internet transmission is completely secure, so while we strive to protect your data, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized access, hacking, data loss or a data breach will never occur.
How We Use the Data We Collect
Each email we send will contain instructions on how to unsubscribe should you decide not to receive future promotional emails. If you choose to opt-out of receiving promotional email communications from any Sheville business unit, we may still periodically communicate with you via mail and telephone. Please allow up to 10 business days to be removed from our promotional email list.
We send notification emails about the Website and Services from time to time as necessary. Generally, you may not opt-out of these communications, which are not promotional in nature. If you do not wish to receive them, you have the option to deactivate your account.
We also send newsletters to our users with news, as well as updates about new service offerings and promotions. Should you change your mind about receiving these newsletters, you can unsubscribe by following the directions present in each email we send out.
Third-Party Email Promotions
How We Share Data
Unless you give us your permission, we don’t share data we collect from you with third parties, except as described below:
- Third-party service providers or consultants. We may share data collected from you on the Sheville Website with third-party service providers or consultants who need access to the data to perform their work on Sheville’s behalf, such as a website analytics company or our third-party advertising partners. These third-party service providers are limited to only accessing or using this data to provide services to us and must provide reasonable assurances that they will appropriately safeguard the data.
- Compliance with Laws. We may disclose your data to a third party if (i) we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or government request (including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements), (ii) to enforce our agreements and policies, (iii) to protect the security or integrity of the Sheville Website or our services and products, (iv) to protect ourselves, our other customers, or the public from harm or illegal activities, or (v) to respond to an emergency which we believe in good faith requires us to disclose data to assist in preventing a death or serious bodily injury. If Sheville is required by law to disclose any of your data that directly identifies you, then we will use reasonable efforts to provide you with notice of that disclosure requirement, unless we are prohibited from doing so by statute, subpoena or court or administrative order. Further, we object to requests that we do not believe were issued properly.
- Affiliates. We may share data collected from you from the Sheville Website with our affiliates. We all will only use the data as described in this notice.
- Business transfers. If we go through a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event, data we gather from you through our website may be part of the assets transferred or shared in connection with due diligence for any such transaction. Any acquirer or successor of Sheville may continue to use the data we collect from you through our Website as described in this notice.
- Aggregated or de-identified data. We might also share data collected from you from the Sheville Website with a third party if that data has been de-identified or aggregated in a way that does not directly identify you.
We do not share your data (including, but not limited to, the personal data of your end users) with third parties for their direct marketing purposes, unless you give us your consent to do so.
EU-US Privacy Shield Framework
Sheville complies with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information transferred from the European Union to the United States. To learn more about the Privacy Shield program please visit https://www.privacyshield.gov/.
Sheville chooses our third-party agents with care and works to ensure they uphold privacy and security standards set forth by the Privacy Shield Framework. Regarding the Accountability for Onward Transfer, Sheville remains liable if our agent processes the personal information we have provided them in a manner inconsistent with the Privacy Shield Principles, unless we can provide proof that Sheville is not responsible for any occurrence resulting in a compromise of personal data.
Sheville is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the Federal Trade Commission.
Sheville’s headquarters are in the United States and as such, data may be transferred to the United States. Personal data will be transferred to the United States only: to fulfill contractual obligations to you; with your consent; or to fulfill a compelling legitimate interest of Sheville in a manner that does not impeach on your rights and freedoms. As we are compliant with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework, we therefore comply with data protection requirements when transferring personal data from the EU. In addition, we make every effort to ensure the security and protection of the data we transfer.
We may retain your information for a period of time consistent with the original purpose of collection. For instance, we may retain your information during the time in which you have an account to use our Website or Services and for a reasonable period afterward. We also may retain your information during the period of time needed for us to pursue our legitimate business interests, conduct audits, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
You may opt-out of any future contacts from us at any time. Additionally, if the collection of your personal data was based on your consent, you have the right to revoke that consent at any time. Be aware that by revoking consent, you may lose access to services you previously opted to use.
You may request to review, correct, delete, or otherwise modify any of the personal information that you have previously provided to us through the Company’s Website(s) and Services. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number provided on our website:
- See what data we have about you, if any
- Change/correct any data we have about you
- Have us delete any data we have about you that is not legally required to be maintained or related to financial transactions
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data
Requests to access, change, or delete your information will be addressed within a reasonable timeframe.
California Residents’ Privacy Rights
Pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, residents of California have the right to request from a business, with whom the California resident has an established business relationship, certain information with respect to the types of personal information the business shares with third parties for direct marketing purposes by such third party and the identities of the third parties with whom the business has shared such information during the immediately preceding calendar year. To request a copy of such information, please contact us as described in the “Questions, Concerns or Complaints” section below, and we will respond within 30 days as required by law.
How to Contact Us
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, Sheville commits to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your personal information. Sheville takes its users’ privacy concerns seriously.
Attn: Privacy Officer
651 N BROAD ST, STE 205 #3649
MIDDLETOWN, DE 19709
Sheville has committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework to BBB EU PRIVACY SHIELD, a non-profit alternative dispute resolution provider located in the United States and operated by the Council of Better Business Bureaus. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if it is not satisfactorily addressed by Sheville, please visit www.bbb.org/EU-privacy-shield/for-eu-consumers/for more information and to file a complaint. Should you not receive a satisfactory resolution, you may also contact your local data protection authority, the Federal Trade Commission, or the US Department of Commerce.