THE FLATIRON WRITERS VERY FIRST ONLINE CLASS! The Writers Kit is Here
Want to be a writer? Don’t waste time.
The Writer’s Welcome Kit aims to save you 100 hours of work and worry as you go from wanting to be a writer to working to be a writer.
It’s the first E-COURSE that combines the information you need with the resources professional writers use to get published. Whether you’re a beginning writer wanting a safe space to start the writing journey, or a seasoned pro trying to re-invigorate and enhance your writing practice, this course will inspire you and give you every tool you need to keep moving forward with your writing every day.
THE SIX-WEEK COURSE INCLUDES:
- A 100-page E-Course workbook. Chapters include: HowTo Start, Your Writing Practice, Your Reading Practice, Your Writer’s Craft, Your Writing Business, and Your Writing Life.
- Audio interviews with advice from New York Times Bestselling and award-winning authors such as Jess Walter, Peter Mountford, Claire Dederer, and Jane Wong.
- Templates for writing stories, creating complex characters, and tracking story submissions. These templates mimic the documents a professional writer develops over the course of his or her career to maintain organization.
- 100 Bookmarks to sites helpful to writers, including literary magazines, online writing tools, and free access to e-books. New writers might not know all there is out there to help them in their careers.
- 100 Flashcards to finally learn grammar and literary devices in an online interactive flashcard app. Learning these terms will really help you feel like a writer dedicated to the craft.
- 100 Writing Prompts to guide your free writing sessions and free write in characters’ voices. These prompts are provocative enough to get you writing, and general enough to be re-usable.
What students have to say:
After decades of ignoring my own desire to write, I recently decided to take the calling more seriously. I took the Writer’s Welcome Kit hoping to improve my craft, but the course provides so much more. Once completed, not only was I inspired to write, I could envision my own life as a writer.
When I decided to try the FWR Writer’s Welcome Kit, I’d finished a short story collection that I was shopping to indie publishers, and trying to make headway on a new novel. The Kit enabled me to go back a few steps, re-center, and recommit myself to a writing practice. It’s so easy to get off track creatively. We all have busy lives. A course like this helps you to find your center and see your place in a bigger community of others just like you.