Video Recording of CLIMATE CHANGE AND ASHEVILLE’S URBAN FOREST SYMPOSIUM
These Trees photos and book by Ruthie Rosauer
Now Available! Video Recording of Climate Change & Asheville’s Urban Forest Symposium November 14, 2019
The Climate Change & Asheville’s Urban Forest Symposium, held on November 14, 2019, at A-B Tech was a huge success. An audience of 400 attended the event that included:
- Overview of the Asheville Urban Tree Canopy Study, recently completed by Davey Resource Group,
- Presentation on tree cover and the urban heat island effect in Asheville by the team from NASA DEVELOP,
- Announcement of a tree canopy goal for Asheville by GreenWorks,
- Keynote presentation by Cindi Sullivan of Trees Louisville, and
- Panel presentation by experts on local impacts of and strategies for addressing climate change.
You can now watch the event, including exclusive, never-before-seen interviews with Jennifer Runkle and Ed Macie, recorded by Word on the Street videographers by clicking the button below.
Support GreenWorks’ Urban Forestry program by making a contribution today.
2 Sulphur Springs Road
Asheville, NC 28806
Book title: These Trees
Photography and Poetry
Editor and Photographer: Ruthie Rosauer
Publisher: Rose River Press Publication date: June 2017 Number of pages: 176 Price: $25